Keep your ears peeled, and you’ll hear snippets of conversation about it today, from office pantries to kopitiams, cafes, mamak stalls, food courts, and everywhere else people gather.
Of course, I’m talking about the new of the toll rate hike that was announced yesterday and implemented this coming Thursday – which, by the way, is a really terrible way to return from a mid-week holiday.
Well, since there’s little we can do to avoid paying the new rates (unless you wake up extra early and take Waze’s sometimes-unreliable directions that navigate back-lane roads to bypass the toll plazas), we’ve compiled some handy graphs from various news sources so that you can get familiarized with the new pricing, and maybe tweak your route accordingly.
The graph below shows the increase in the toll rates (prices shown are for regular cars):
- Kuala Lumpur-Karak (KLK) Highway: From RM1 to RM1.80
- Maju Expressway (MEX): Salak South toll from RM1.50 to RM2; and Putajaya toll from RM2 to RM3.50
- Kajang-Silk Expressway (Silk): From RM1 to RM1.80
- Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Selangor Expressway (Latar): RM2 to RM2.50 (Ijok, Kuang, Templer toll plaza)
- Damansara-Ulu Kelang Expressway (Duke): From RM2 to RM2.50
- Stormwater Management and Road Tunnel (Smart): From RM2 to RM3
- Ampang Elevated Highway (Akleh): From RM1.50 to RM2.50
- Guthrie Corridor Expressway (Guthrie): From 1.40 to RM1.90
- Lebuhraya Kemuning to Shah Alam (LKSA): Sri Muda toll from RM1.20 to RM1.70; and Alam Impian toll from 60 sen to 90 sen
- Lebuh Kajang-Seremban (Lekas): Semenyih toll from RM1.10 to RM1.30; Pajam toll from RM2.80 to RM3.40; Mantin toll from RM4 to RM4.80; Kajang Selatan toll from RM1.10 to RM1.30; and Setul toll from RM4.90 to RM6.
- New Pantai Expressway (NPE): From RM1.60 to RM2.30 (Pantai Dalam and PJS5 toll plazas).
- Lebuhraya Sungai Besi (Besraya): From RM1.30 to RM2
- Damansara-Puchong Expressway (LDP): From RM1.60 to RM2.10
- Western Kuala Lumpur Traffic Dispersal Scheme (Sprint Highway): Damansara toll from RM1.00 to RM2.00; Pantai toll from RM 1.50 to RM2.50; Bukit Kiara toll from RM2.00 to RM3.00
- Cheras – Kajang Highway: Batu 9 toll from RM1.00 to RM1.30; Batu 11 toll from RM 0.90 to RM1.30.
- Butterworth Outer Ring Road (LLB): Prai toll from RM1.30 to RM1.50; Bagan Ajam toll from RM1.20 to RM 1.50; Sg Nyior toll from RM0.50 to RM1.20
- Senai-Desaru Expressway (SDE): Toll increase RM0.80 to RM2.30. Penawar toll from RM11.20 to RM13.50
- South Klang Valley Expressway (SKVE): Toll increase between RM0.50 and RM1.40
(Graph, pricing info and image from Malaysiakini)
If all else fails, may I suggest packing some lunch from home instead?