Pakatan Harapan gets ‘average’ score on govt satisfaction index
Malaysians generally rank the cabinet’s current performance as average with a score of 0.53, said think tank EMIR Research, based on a newly released index measuring the rakyat’s satisfaction towards the government fulfilling its manifesto promises. The Government Satisfaction Index (GSI) measures Malaysians’ satisfaction with the cabinet members’ performance based on four key areas: economics, healthcare and transportation, agriculture policy and affordable housing. Scores are between zero denoting minimum satisfaction, and one (maximum satisfaction). The demographics showed urban folks, at 0.55, are more satisfied with the government’s performance compared with rural folks’ 0.46. The government scored the highest satisfaction on how it has been managing the costs of health services, with 43% of respondents saying they are satisfied. Only 33% of respondents feel the government is handling well the issue of the ringgit’s value, while all were equally divided on the issue of affordable homes. (The Edge)

Khalid: Parcel tax system allows B40 homeowners to enjoy yearly flat rate
The implementation of the parcel tax system beginning January 1 in Kuala Lumpur, will see homeowners, especially those from the B40 group, enjoying a yearly flat rate of RM15 and RM20 for leasehold and freehold properties respectively. Federal Territories Minister Khalid Abdul Samad said this will involve strata properties from low-cost housing schemes and the People’s Housing Programme (PPR), regardless of size. Kuala Lumpur has followed Selangor, Penang and Melaka in implementing a transition from land tax to parcel tax. Establishing individual parcel tax accounts for each parcel owner will enable such owners with no arrears of tax, to continue transactions such as transfers, leases and mortgages without any obstruction. (Malay Mail)

Chinese embassy buying adjacent pieces of land in Ampang
The Chinese embassy is in the process of buying two pieces of land measuring a combined 2.33 acres in Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur. Sources say it is buying the land from Hong Kong-based Nan Fung Group for an estimated RM200 million. The land is freehold and has a commercial title and permitted plot ratio of six. The lots are located next to the Chinese embassy and are currently registered to Yip Fung Sdn Bhd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nan Fung Textiles Ltd, which has been trying to dispose of the land as well as several other parcels since 2016. Nan Fung also owns 4.01 acres in Jalan Ampang next to the Thai embassy. According to a source, it is possible that the Chinese embassy purchased the land to centralise its offices that are scattered around Kuala Lumpur. Once the embassy buys the land, it may want to develop it to accommodate the other offices. (The Edge)

No plan to sell Pulau Besar, says Melaka CM
Melaka Chief Minister Adly Zahari today denied allegations that the state government is in the midst of selling Pulau Besar to a private company from Singapore. He said the Melaka State Development Corporation and the Melaka Islamic Religious Council which only hold 20% of land ownership on the island had never intended to sell their shares to any party, instead would develop it as another tourism product for the state next year. The remaining 80% of Pulau Besar is owned by Tan Sri Wan Azmi Wan Hamzah. Elaborating, he said the state government was currently working with Universiti Teknologi Mara to develop a tourism industry development plan for the island. (Malay Mail)

50% discount for traffic police summonses on 24 & 26 Dec
The public will have a chance to settle their summonses at a 50% discount during the Kuala Lumpur Traffic Police’s “Meet the Customers Day”. Kuala Lumpur Traffic Investigation and Enforcement Department chief Asst Comm Zulkefly Yahya said the event would be held between 8.30am and 4pm on Dec 24 and Dec 26 in conjunction with the Christmas celebration. “We are offering a 50% discount for various types of traffic summonses,” he said. Among the types eligible for the 50% discount are non-compoundable summonses and those attached to ongoing trials as well as those issued during Ops Selamat and for accidents. He said sufficient police staff would be on duty at its KL headquarters located at Balai Polis Trafik, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee on both days. The public are advised to go early to avoid any inconvenience. (The Star Online)

Source: SoyaCincau