If you’re a fan of golf, then you’ll probably know that the Sime Darby LPGA Malaysia tournament will be held at the Kuala Lumpur Golf & Country Club this weekend, from 8 – 11 October. The theme for this year’s tournament is #WomenWithDrive, which sees all proceeds from the ticket sales going to Cancer Research Malaysia.
That’s all well and good (YAY for having fun and doing a good deed at the same time!) but if you’re here, then you’re most likely looking for info about the noms available at the first ever KL Food Truck Festival held there. You will need to buy tickets to enter, but hey, it’s for a good cause!
* Each RM30 ticket includes a RM10 food voucher.
* Weekend Pass ticket comes with 2 x RM10 food voucher.
* Entry is FREE for children below 12 year old.
* The first 3,000 ticket holders to arrive at the event will receive a complementary umbrella and free Magnum ice cream.
Besides the food trucks, there will also be a live DJ performance by the talented (and gorgeous) Patricia K, a food stall featuring the best of Malaysian cuisine by Executive Chef Arnold and his team, a splash pool and face painting activities for kids. Sounds like the perfect plan for a family day out!
Six of the capital’s favourite food trucks will be serving a variety of dishes, encompassing Malaysia’s best home grown specialities, international favourites, vegetarian options and everything in between. Hungry golf aficionados and their families can enjoy a range of affordable and delicious food from the food trucks, which are priced at at a maximum of RM 10 per dish. What’s more, a free dish (worth RM10) is included in the ticket price, so you’ll definitely be able to try at least one of them – although we’ll most probably throw our diets and resistance to temptation out the window! 😛
For the curious, these are the 6 food trucks:
- Cowboys – halal American food e.g. beef brisket, chicken wings
- Burger Giler Power – Malaysian-style Western cuisine e.g. Oystershroom Chicken Mushroom Burger, handmade meatballs
- Thyme Out – Mexican food e.g. nachos, tacos and wraps
- Ken’s Food Truck – Western and European cuisine by internationally-trained chef Kenneth Sim
- The Malaysian Ninja Truck (TMNT) – popular Italian food e.g. BBQ Pulled Beef Hawaiian Pizza, Italian Pepperoni Pizza and Seafood Pasta
- Wheeloaf – cafe-slash-bakery with freshly-baked pastries, sandwiches, bread loaves and dessert tarts
Are you drooling yet? The KL Food Truck Festival is sure to bring a whole new flavour to the annual golfing tournament.
If you’re not too keen on golf, or simply want to check out the food truck options available in KL, why not head over to the fortnightly Kuala Lumpur Food Truck Feast (#KLFTF) near Dataran Merdeka instead? Whichever one (or both!) you choose to go, there will definitely be more than enough food truck vendors to satisfy your tastebuds without burning a hole in your pocket! Just be sure to bring along a few friends so you can try and share the variety of different cuisines. 😉